Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Elder Andersen was amazing


It was great to hear from you Mom! Your email was awesome. The new dining room sounds pretty cool too.

So this week was really good, slower for missionary work in general but a good week nonetheless. Elder Andersen was amazing. He is just a testament that God loves us and doesn't leave His children without direction and guidance on how to make it through life. Elder Andersen taught about the Atonement and how we are to use it in our lives. Elder Andersen holds apostolic keys, he is an inspired man. I can't describe how good it was. He is guided by the Lord. 

I love my mission. And that I have chances to listen to apostles. How blessed am I? I got to see all of my mission buddies. That will most likely be the last time I see all of them. While sitting in the chapel just waiting for Elder Anderson to come I was just pondering on how lucky I have been to be on a mission. I saw many missionaries that I have worked and made great memories with. I will miss them all so much. It is really just sad when I come to think of it. I will miss my mission so much. It goes too fast. But meeting with Elder Andersen was one of the highlights of the mission. I will never forget it. 

So in other news I got food poisoning Saturday night and I was out of commission basically all Sunday. The lesson that i learned? Never have a fillet of fish from McDonald's. I knew when I got it I was making a big mistake. But now I feel good and am going to play some basketball later on today. We still are trying to find some more peeps to teach. We need to start baptizing here and get this ward going. I'm excited for the potential here. 

I love my mission so much and life is great. I don't have much to say but I love you!

Elder Simons

No comments:

Post a Comment