Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Become as Little Children


Another great week up in LOP. (Lake Of the Pines) I feel strongly that our ward is turning in the right direction. We set a baptismal date on Saturday that was great and really unexpected. We asked one of our investigators to come to a baptism that was happening in the stake. Before this he decided to wait till he turned 12 to get baptized to wait for his testimony to grow more, which I was kinda sad about and we had a couple lessons where we explained that God has gifts and blessings that He is willing to give to you now. Don't wait! But he was still pretty set on getting baptized when he was 12 which is in December. We were talking to him after the baptism and he was saying "the feelings I had made me feel like I have to get baptized now. I can't wait, it is supposed to happen now." 

I just love that example and will probably never forget it for the rest of my life. No wonder Jesus said we must become as little children. They are so open and willing to listen to the Spirit. It was just humbling to realize he was open to the spirit and it came to him because he asked for it and he was willing to act upon whatever the Lord had prompted him to do. Just a special experience. So he's getting baptized on the 30th, so we have to hurry and prepare for it. 

We are about to pick up some new investigators that I'm really excited about. One of them that really wants to change his life around, I'm hoping we can teach him and he will understand that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way to turn your life around for the better. And eventually be saved in the Kingdom of God. But he will find that out later. 

Anyway life is just good, I'm having fun just living life. I can't believe transfers are in two weeks. And then it is my last transfer. Ah...crazy. 

Anyway we are going to play some ball today as always so that will be good. Anyway I love you all and thanks for everything you do for me! This Church is 100% true and Christ is Living and Loving.
Elder Simons

No comments:

Post a Comment