Monday, March 25, 2013

There is no greater work

Hey mom,

This week has been good, although there have been some disappointing things that have happened. First of all, our baptism for this Saturday is getting post-poned. He was the one that was young and at the baptism he received divine revelation that he needed to be baptized. But his dad is saying no as of right now. He already said yes before but now he is saying no for right now. It has been sad and frustrating to watch this. But i know that eventually this kid will be baptized. Hopefully sooner than later. I want to be here when it happens. 

So this week we were visiting some LA's and we came upon this one that we decided to go and visit and he was such a cool guy! We were talking about technology and stuff and he was updating me. Then I started turning the conversation to the gospel and he was like "if you are wanting me to come back then it is no". I was like...whoa what? And we were talking about it and discussing religion as a whole. Basically this guy's beliefs are the same as Korihor's in the Book of Mormon. He believes in no Christ, no guilt, no afterlife, no God, no nothing basically. It was sad to hear him talk about this and I see his two kids, probably 1 and 3 years old and imagining their future. With no teaching of the Gospel of the Truth. That is Satan's plan, to attack the parents so the kids never even have the chance to hear the beautiful message of the gospel. How sad will that be for the kids? Their parents were sealed in the temple and they will have no knowledge whatsoever of that. They don't have the knowledge that if one of their parents passes away that they will see them again. I can't even imagine. I have been thinking about those two kids. I know that the Gospel can and will save all of those people who will and would receive it either on the earth or after. 

I do love this Gospel with all of my heart. I can't put into words how grateful I am that I have been able to do nothing but preach the everlasting gospel for the last 22 months of my life. There is no greater and more rewarding work. Even when we don't teach a ton of people or things aren't going our way, I still feel blessed to be one of the Lord's chosen servants to serve a mission. I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for the support.
Elder Simons
p.s. Thanks for the package mom! That "Last days of Jesus" was the best. It makes it so real and intimate, like you are really with the Savior. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment