Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Spaghetti with mushrooms

Thanks for the great letter mom!! It seems like it has been such a busy week for you guys.
This week has flown by. It has already been one transfer. Isnt that weird? This is where i am supposed to be. I feel it more and more everyday.  Its so cool cause i am falling in love with the scriptures! Like as soon as we get in for the night and finish planning i just want to read.  its really nice.
The float eh? you guys are busy little bees. That sounds so much fun. I bet the girls did very well throwing out candy. 
Dang i miss you guys! But it was such a good week for letters! Mom by the way i love getting all the talks and stuff you send me! Everyone in the district knows i have the best the support system at home. Its way cool.. Im so grateful. I love you guys. I am learning how to be patient at the times where i used to not even think about being patient.  
This work is fulfilling. Even when i knock on 389 doors and 4 get opened and 3 get slammed in your face and 1 just says not today, i feel like i'm doing my part in building up the kingdom of god. So even those hard days can be made not hard. I guess cause Heavenly Father pours down His spirit and lets you know He is proud and He sees your effort. Its crazy that Heavenly Father trusts His gospel to be carried to the world thru 19-21 years olds. That shows how much love He has and also how much trust. I feel truly blessed to be serving the Lord. I have already learned many things that will affect my life.
So news about the area...I was on exchanges with Zone leader Christensen (i seriously love that kid) and we went and knocked on Tim's door, to see if he was there so we could just talk to him and see how he was doing. And also maybe that i was disappointed i didnt get to see him all slicked up in my shirt for church. But we knock on the door and he comes out and says "I'm never coming back to your church again, its a cult" and goes way anti on the church. Man....that was so hard! But Tim isn't ready right now. He will partake of this gospel though. he will be so blessed by it. I know he will because i am so blessed from the gospel. It literally turned my life around. Made me a competely different person. I will never be able to thank Heavenly Father enough. Sorry i am getting side tracked.
Next is Matt. Our little slippery friend who wants to be baptized. So we (Elder Barron i love him!) had dinner with him on Wednesday. Going in there we wanted to just go over the baptismal interview questions and see how he was doing. But he did every little thing he could not to get a lesson started.. He showed us his crawdad traps. Which were cool...but turns out getting baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost is cooler. But he has come to church the last two weeks. This next week we have an appt. on Wednesday. So we will see how that goes. Oh at their house we had spaghetti  and on it there was mushrooms and zuchinnis. I was pumped about the zucs but the mushrooms?? Come on don't ruin it like that! But i didnt want to offend this family so i wolfed them down. 
So our next investigator is an older man named Bill. He is very deaf. Like very deaf. He has a word of wisdom problem. He said he doesn't have faith to get his answer about baptism. and i was trying to get him to commit to praying FOR faith but he thought i was saying praying IN faith. That really took about nine minutes to get sorted out. Because without faith nothing can happen really. Faith can be tiny or it can be huge. I have faith that when i take my next step my other foot will catch me or faith when you have lost someone that you WILL see them again. Faith is really interesting to me actually. I love it. I want to study it more in depth this week. Sorry i am like talking to myself here!
mom exchanges went amazing this week. I will write it in yours and dads letter. Really they went great!
And to meet the Westons we had a zone conference where like three different zones meet together. and we had lunch and stuff. it was cool. i saw Elder Trevort and we hugged and had a good old time. I miss Elder Bowerman.
The Westons have four kids Twin girls who are 15, a boy who is 11, and another girl who is nine! Crazy huh?
and the cool thing mom is we do presidents letters so i totally can ask him about anything and he will write a short response to me over the week! Its so nice!
Welll i love you a ton! and the family.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment