Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Can't even comprehend

whats up?
So this week has been good but kinda long. I have learned alot about the Atonement and I will touch on that more later.  But first....after p-day on Monday, we were going to meet the Stake President and it was all good and fun, then we leave and I look down and I'm like "no...no...no....I forgot my nametag!"  That was the only time ever! Gosh!
If you guys remember Tim, the guy we tracted into, we came to visit him on Saturday hoping to ask him to go to church and give him a Book of Mormon. So we did and he is like "I need your number".  So I wrote down on this piece of paper our number, our church time, and a message that I needed him at church. So we left and at church the next day he totally just walks in with basketball shorts and sunglasses! I loved it. We sat by him and he said "your note told me to come to church so here i am." I was so happy! I have never been so happy during sacrament meeting! But during testimony meeting this woman was talking about a car and was trying to say a dashboard but forgot the word and Tim totally yells it out.  Man I was laughing so hard! It was so great. We are going to meet up with him later this week.

Elder Simons on p-day
Note: I love that he was so particular about the clothes he packed for
his mission,and after just a few short weeks of being out, 
he's sporting some good old farmer overalls. 
So another story.  In our area book there is this investigator who has been investigating the church forever and no one could seem to get anywhere with him. So we finally get a chance to meet him, and we get out of the car and I'm like "Elder Osejo, what if he totally wants to be baptized?" and he is like "yeah that won't happen". I was like "Whatever man you never know!" So we go in and start talking and then he was like..."well we sorta discussed it and I think its time for me to be baptized."  I was like...."wait what?"  I had the biggest smile on my face. I was so happy, and they could tell it surprised us so we were all laughing. He felt like all the other elders were in a race to see who could baptize him and stuff.  We are meeting with him this weekend to talk details. I'm excited.
We are trying to visit every less active in the area. We tract some everyday too. We have actually had a fair amount of success, which has been nice. Its been hot though. Very hot. Today we have a full p-day for the fourth and we are having a zone barbeque. It will be fun. The zone is pretty cool.
So it was Tuesday and it was raining so hard (it never rains in the summer in Northern California, i heard that six hundred times) and we were tracting and I was like "seriously what am i doing out here? What could i be doing back home?" I started getting really negative, and all of a sudden I thought about Jesus Christ. I was slapped so hard in the face. He died for me. He really put down his own life for every one of my sins and pains in life. He has felt everything I have felt but ten times worse.  He died so I could be happy and He laid down his life so I could be comforted in my times of need.  I just started praying and just thanking Heavenly Father for His plan and Jesus Christ being the center piece. I felt very selfish but that's another reason to be grateful for the Atonement. Every gulity feeling I have ever had about a sin can be erased.  How amazing is that? Can't even comprehend it really. Is it crazy that a little nineteen year old can go teach that?.. It shows how much trust the Lord has in me which in turn means I have so much expected of me, I can't be messing around out here. My purpose is to bring people unto Christ. So its been a learning week for me.
I have been having fun though... I have been smiling and laughing alot which is good. Oh we also went on exchanges again so we went and visited the lady I almost fainted in front of again. She was like "make sure you sit down this time." She was cool and we laughed about it. So it was fun.
Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment