Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference was amazing!


Hey Mom and Dad!

Conference was amazing!!! I loved Jeffrey R Holland's talk! If that doesn't make you stop and think then I don't know what will! I love the fire and brimstone talks, with a bit of love intertwined! What a spirit that was there! Conference super charges me to want to go and baptize everyone in Roseville. I also loved Richard G. Scott, the master of Personal Revelation talks. It was great, unfortunately i can't quote anything for you but i do want to share (and i feel prompted to do so) a quote from a previous talk of his: "I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear". How amazing!! What a statement given to us from an apostle of the Lord. When we master for ourselves the principle of Personal Revelation (which is essential to getting into the Celestial Kingdom), we will hear and feel and know what the spirit is wanting us to know stronger and more powerful than what we see with our eyes, or our ears. How amazing. How simple. I noticed that in a few of the prayers people mentioned how they were grateful for what they felt. Not what they saw. I'm not saying its not wonderful to see the prophet and the beautiful choir, but what did we feel? What was the spirit whispering to us? There are a million and one lessons we could have learned from conference but the most important lesson learned is the one learned through and by the Holy Ghost. Conference was wonderful. Mom that talk from Neil L. Andersen was brilliant. How about that child singing "I'm a Child of God"? Man I was tearing up like a baby! Just re-testifies to me the power of becoming as a little child. What trust that child had! I can't believe it. 

This week went by so fast! I can't believe it. Oh funny story, we were tracting and we accidentally knocked into a member's house (they just moved in) and they invited us in and gave us See's Chocolate. It was like a little taste of home. Then that night another one of our members made the exact same recipe of Texas Cake that mom makes. I was like "what the heck?" It was great though. We did a lot of tracting this week, not the most successful week in that way but the Lord came through for us, as He always does and put in our path 2 new investigators. They are sweet and we are meeting with one of them tonight and another one of them next week. I'm excited for both of them. 

Our seventeen year investigator is still doing awesome. We are going over to her house tomorrow. I don't know if i have told you of how much of a miracle that is but its a huge one! Her parents are truly having their hearts softened. It is amazing how the Lord works. Everything is still going good for the 14th for her baptism. We went over the baptismal interview questions and she hit them all out of the park. What a testimony this one has. She is so prepared! She liked conference and she is in Mosiah right now. She is loving the Book of Mormon.
 
This next week should be a good one. I have a exchange on Thursday and district meeting tomorrow. District meeting is on Effective Study, which will be good. I have seen the Best, the Good, and the Ugly when it comes to study, and in turn i have seen missionaries with the spirit and some with not. And i think a large part of that comes from having study in the morning. I think it will be a good meeting. Other than that not too much has happened new.

My heart is feeling better now mom. So we are good. Probably just stressing over something. You know me :) I was hoping that would go away on my mission but...still working on that Ether 12:27 scrip i guess! i love you all!! have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment