Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Elder Simons!


Elder Simons with other elders
at the indoor baseball field

This week has been pretty good! We set a date with our investigator!!! For June 23rd. Unfortunately transfers are on June 19th. So I'm thinking I probably will be gone from the area. But i will ask permission to come back and most likely will be able to attend it. But i can't wait. I have been waiting for this one for a while. and i know his family has been waiting even longer. In a year they will get sealed and everything will be great! That is so cool!!! I feel so blessed to have just been plopped in this ward and be able to receive so many blessings. 

Other than setting a date our week has been terrible!! Haha not really, but we are having trouble meeting with our investigators. The lesson we had last Monday cancelled. Which was too bad. But we are going to call them today and set something up again. We are having troubles just talking to people who are interested. But we know they are out there! One of my favorite pumping up scriptures is in Alma 13 "For behold, aangels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." There are actual angels helping us. How cool is that??

We are planning on doing mutual with the youth here next Wednesday and we are going to do the whole thing. We are making a sweet video with the Busch's and we are going to discuss the parable of the sower and also Alma the younger. I can't wait!! We will have the Busch's put the video on Youtube so you can find it after we are finished.

So we burned one of my torn white shirts and it was sweet. We had a lot of fun with that. And we took some cool pictures. I still can't believe i hit my year mark three days ago. It hasn't hit i guess.

Burning his shirt at his one year mark

My birthday was amazing! First i was able to go to church then we came home and my door was decorated!! By the Pratts from Gridley. They are super nice. Then we went over to the Buschs and had salmon!! And also funeral potatoes!!!! And this way good salad! One of the best dinners I have had in a long time. The members here are so awesome. They have such big hearts. They are way too nice to us. But I'm not complaining! I had a lot of missionaries buddies call me and wish me a happy birthday so it was sweet to be able to talk to a lot of them.

Happy Birthday from the Pratt's in Gridley!

We will keep working and i know the hard work will pay off. I hope and know that i will have some good news for you next week. Like 45 new investigators and 15 new baptism dates!! Sorry this email is kinda short! I love you guys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment