Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One year behind, one year ahead


I can't believe that it is my last week as a nineteen year old. I still feel like 6. I for sure still feel like a greenie. I can't believe i have been out for almost a year. It's a weird feeling to know that in a week or so i will be able to say that i have been wearing this same missionary tag for one year. Time has moved incredibly fast. Unfairly fast. But i know it has moved by as the Lord would have it move. I have been blessed to be able to be an instrument in His hands. I feel like i have had so much success on my mission. I know that i have helped others build Faith in Jesus Christ. I love what Ammon says to Aaron in the Book of Mormon when Aaron is worried about Ammon boasting. In Alma 26:11, "But Ammon said unto him: I do not aboast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my bjoy is full, yea, my heart is brim with cjoy, and I will rejoice in my God.12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I know that any success that i have had on my mission or if anyone has come closer to Christ from a visit from me i know without a doubt that it was because God's hand was in it. I don't give myself credit except for the fact that i was acting as voice and i just happen to be the bag of bones with a name tag that is in the area. I love this work. I have one year left. That is scary. But that excites me, that makes me determined to finish strong. I will finish strong, I will make the Lord proud. I don't care how many baptisms i have. If i have one more or ten more i will be happy because i know that I'm doing what i have been asked to do. I know its here right at the front door but I'm sooo excited for my last year. My time to shine! I can't wait!

This week was really great. We had such a powerful lesson with our investigator. We got so close to committing him to baptism with a date. SOOOO close. We taught lesson 21 in the Gospel Principles handbook on the Holy Ghost. What i love so much about the Holy Ghost is we have the power to dictate how powerfully the Spirit works in our life. What a smart God to create the spirit according to our obedience and faithfulness. I have seen several times on my mission that when i try my hardest to qualify for the spirit, i receive it. Simple enough. We aren't expected to be perfect to have the spirit or else no one would have it, but we get it nonetheless. But when I don't care as much or don't pay as much attention to having the spirit as i should, i don't have it. I notice it in my teaching and everything i do. Its quite simple! Its amazing. I love that i have the gift of the Holy Ghost. What a blessing. I want everyone in California to have this gift as well. 

We found three new investigators! How cool is that? We are teaching them today at three. We are cutting our p-day short so we can maximize our time out working. I can't wait. Then we have dinner with Shawn's cousin who went to Alta. It will be awesome! We have a good week planned. I'm excited about the potential ahead. 

Roseville is getting really hot. But that's okay.. I'm getting skinny hopefully. Life is amazing. Thank you for everything parents! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment