Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hello, Bob. How are you doing?

Hey parents!! How are we doing? Hopefully good

Anyway, this week has been a roller coaster. Its had its ups and its had its downs. Which should i explain first? Well i guess i will just do the bads so we can finish with the goods! So first, Bob Thompson, the 94 year old who just got baptized March 3rd passed away Thursday night. He was in the hospital on Monday for something minor and was expected to be released Friday morning, but Thursday evening while sleeping he slipped away. We found out about forty minutes before we were going over to his apartment so we had no idea. Bob was such a great man. His story truly testifies of the statement that its never too late. Bob was set in his ways for years. And he was fine with it, he didn't feel like he needed to change. But with the wonderful example of his family he realized there was something better in life. So at age 94 he took the lessons and was baptized. What a turn around. Its almost like the prodigal son, but in reverse with the prodigal father. Its an amazing story. I loved going over to his apartment and him showing us his simple picture of Jesus, smiling. He would always say "its like he is saying Hello Bob how are you doing?" and he would always talk about how excited he was to see Jesus. I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. It is true. How lucky we are that we have our eternal plan basically mapped out for us. Life on earth isn't even that mapped out. I feel like I have come to understand the Plan of Salvation more in my life, and it has given me so much peace and help during times of need. Bob was a great man. He is happy and healthy now, and that is awesome to me! He is in a better place.

Moving on, (so this is my last down which also turns into a good) so this weekend i was just feeling spiritually...whats the word I'm looking for?....down, I guess you could say. I had no idea why. It was frustrating me. Especially because I'm trying to work as hard as i can to get the spirit with me always so i can be aware of what our Lord wants me to do. Saturday night while pondering on my mission and what it means to me, my mind turned to the following day and how I was able to partake of the Sacrament, and i was like "hmm it seems like such a long time since i had the Sacrament" and it was because of the stake conference we had. That's why i felt spiritually down was because i wasn't able to partake of the Sacrament and renew my covenants with the Lord and receive the promise that i will always have his spirit to be with me. What a promise I have taken for granted. I need that spirit. Without it, i was emotionally and physically not feeling right. But when i partook of it on Sunday the spirit just flooded back. What an amazing experience that was for me.

So another up... our investigator's mom wants us to come over for dinner again, so we are doing that tonight. I'm pretty excited! Our investigator is still doing great. Her testimony is as strong as ever. 


So we had a lesson with another one of our investigators and it went really well. She is progressing great. We are hoping to set a date soon. So she can start receiving the blessings of membership. 


We helped with Mormon Helping Hands this weekend. We had a ton of fun. We helped clean up a park and get it ready for bark. We had a good time mingling with the other missionaries and members from the stake.

It is crazy that I get to talk to you guys again in two Sundays? That's so crazy. I can't believe that. It feels like we just skyped for Christmas. Time flies! Anyway i better go. I love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment